Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DO IT!!!

I am always looking for ways to use up the zucchini in our garden in different ways. My MIL made this for us and it was so good!

If you know someone who says that they hate Zucchini, invite them over for this yummy dessert! We LOVE it and you will NEVER know that it's not apple cobbler!!

Zucchini Cobbler

Ingredients
  • 8 cups chopped seeded peeled zucchini (about 3 pounds)
  • 2/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Crust:
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-1/2 cups cold butter, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

  • In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir zucchini and lemon juice for 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; simmer 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
  • For crust, combine the flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir 1/2 cup into zucchini mixture. Press half of remaining crust mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread zucchini over top; crumble remaining crust mixture over zucchini. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
  • Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Yield: 16-20 servings.
If I hadn't been too busy eating ours, I would have taken a pic of the one I made last night! :)

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That's an excellent idea! I love zucchini. It is an excellent 'filler' b/c it really doesn't have much taste. Thanks for another great zucchini recipe to add to my collection!

suzanne said...

I will do it! This looks delicious!!! I might even do it today!

Ashley Wodicka said...

I'm glad you posted this. I think I saw this on your FB page and wanted to try it, so now I'm definitely going to write it down. I was telling my neighbor about it and Jim heard me say Zucchini cobbler and was like, gross! So, I'm going to have to prove him wrong=)

Taryn and Danielle said...

Shyla - I made this a few weeks ago and it was DELICIOUS!! I had so many people try it because I could not believe it was zucchini and not apples. When I asked everyone what they thought was in it, they all said APPLES :) It was delicious and a real keeper (especially if I want to expand my waistband even further...lol)!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails