Thursday, April 29, 2010

Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent

Well, after reading my friend Megan's post about making her own laundry detergent - i thought "well, why not try it?"

I wasn't interested in the goopy mess of the liquid since I also wasn't sure if I was going to continue with it or not. So, I searched for a powdered option (it was EASY and no cooking, stirring etc...) and found this one and then adapted it.

So, Here's what I did....

Gathered my supplies:
Borax
Fels Naptha Soap
Washing Soda

Grate 1 Bar of Fels Naptha Soap (yields 3 Cups grated)


Add:
1.5 C Washing Soda
1.5 C BoraxAnd you're done!
Use 2 TBSP for one full load!

I'll let you know what I think!
Comes to $0.01/LOAD! LOL
Not bad. not bad at all.

I may put it through the food processor to make it all fine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know how it works and how it smells. I love the fresh smell of laundry but I do use fabric softener so that would help. I do probably 15 loads a week....

Mary Ann said...

I had a friend give me a 'starter' of the liquid kind. I just mixed it up yesterday - 5 gallons of the stuff! We'll see how it goes! Keep us informed on how your works b/c I agree, the powdered seems easier.

suzanne said...

I am dying to know how this works for you. I am def. going to do it if you give it a good review. Keep us posted!

Busch family said...

I've used a recipe very similar to this before and it worked well for us! I loved how my room smelled so clean after all that grating! I really like the Fels Naptha soap. :) I hope you're pleased with how it cleans!

Related Posts with Thumbnails