Thursday, February 18, 2010

A dream is a wish....

Ok.

There are lots of little gadgets out there that i feel would make my etsy business more efficient - not to mention i just want :). One of these is a Serger. I have wanted one since last year when I just my mother in laws to make the boy's quilts for their room! We made 2 quilts in 1 day!! HELLO!!!

So, since nate's not home i sat on the computer into the wee hours of the night researching and pricing them. Coming to the conclusion that I need to sell A LOT of bracelets and bows to get one of these puppies!

I hopped on FB to check out if anyone had left me a msg. in the last 5 min (you can roll your eyes...it's warranted) and i entered the status "shyla is dreaming about a serger."

that's all.

then i went to bed. and didn't dream of one.

woke up and checked my email and there was a comment to my status from a friend that said "i have a serger i bought, and never use. i will sell it to you!"

and so after hearing her price and then remembering the prices i saw last night - talking to my MIL about what she thought about the price etc. - and then talking to the head honcho - i have a pretty little SERGER in my livingroom!!

Praise God!

Who said Dreams don't come true!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How is your Etsy shop doing? I was toying with the idea of opening one, but there are SO many out there- not sure if I should go thru all the work!

Kelly Glupker said...

Tonight my status will say, "Kelly is dreaming of a cruise."

Mary Ann said...

Yay! Who knew facebook could be so powerful? :-) The Lord knew you needed it; He is creative in His ways of providing, isn't He? Happy serging!

Jenny said...

Praise the Lord!

(PS, I'm dreaming of one too! Happy serging - so fun!)

Beth said...

WOW!!! I'm so happy for you... I think I WILL dream of one tonight since I'm reading this at 11 PM and then going to sleep. I often wonder if we shouldn't put more into fb.. Who knows? We could have lots of swaps going on! anyway... happy serging!

Related Posts with Thumbnails