Saturday, September 08, 2007

oh man!!

so, i am nursing owen and talking to my dad on the phone. i can hear jackson in his room calling "mom! mom!" i figure my mom will go in and get him out of bed. i see my mom go into his room and promptly walk out. then she and nathan walk into jackson's room together and i hear nathan is a little annoyed. my mom walks out and makes a gesture with her hand to me that looks like she's smearing something on a wall...yes...smearing. i walk into his room and can't believe it!!! he is buck naked, has thrown his dirty diaper out of the crib, smeared it's contents all over the sheets, bumper, blankets, railings AND peed through the railings onto the floor!! UNBELIEVABLE!!
i had to walk out and laugh...nate was not laughing and proceeded to have a devotional thought with jackson - who was jumping up and down in his crib.

2 boys, huh?? hmmmm......

10 comments:

Katie said...

Yup. Been there, cleaned that up. The mess occurred at my in-laws though, and we were spared the fresh pee on the floor. :)

Katie Barker said...

Wow, that's aweful!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Shyla, you make me laugh. Many years of blessed boy motherhood to you!

Anonymous said...

Shyla,

Memories. Gee, guess which one it was. Yup. Dave. It was awful then but we still laugh about it til this day. Oh the joy of boys!!! Ya gotta love 'em!!!

Welcome to motherhood........again :)

Love,
Aunt Bev

Shannon Smith said...

I couldn't help but laugh as I read that story! Boys can definitely make life a bit more interesting!

Unknown said...

You're supposed to make me EXCITED about having a boy. Icky-yucky-stinky-gross! Good thing you were nursing and had an excuse to not help clean up that mess. On a related vein, I have a friend who actually duct tapes her babies diapers shut because they're notorious for pulling such messy antics.

Tracy said...

I think it's hilarious that you posted this b/c last week this happened to me for the first time -- Andy painted his crib with the contents of his diaper and then peed on the floor. Kara (3) was the one who noticed it when she came down the stairs saying Andy doesn't have a diaper on in his crib.

Heather said...

Been there, done that and am sure that boys will always continue to be boys!! :)

Blair said...

Shyla,

I too have had a couple of those experiences! They are not fun...after the 2nd time in a week for Madeline...I decided it was time to potty train! She was just 16 months..but it worked! Hopefully you (or Nathan) won't have to experience that again!

pamela s said...

I would have laughed too. :) Thanks for sparing us with the lack of pics!! And to think, little Owen might give the same show this time next year. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails