Monday, November 06, 2006

Please Pray for the Elections...



As many of you know, this election is critical. There are many seats in the house that are in jeopardy of being lost to the democrats.

On a more local note...Nathan's dad is up for re-election and we would covet your prayers for him as election day is nearing tomorrow. After being a State Representative for 14 years (and only being challenged a few times), it's hard to imagine what he would do if he lost...as far as what direction to take next. We know that God already has the outcome taken care of and they are resting in that. Pray for strong voter turn out and clear judgement for all those voting.

Nate's cousin Carolyn and I will be working the polls tomorrow and we made these little sweatshirts for the babies. Emma's says : "Vote for my Uncle Sam! :)" and Jackson's says "Vote for my Grandpa!" They are adorable....who knows who they will persuade :) LOL


15 comments:

Jenny said...

GREAT outfits, boys! (They would convince me any day!) Amen and amen, Shyla! We vote, knowing that in the end, God is the one who sets up and tears down leaders. Praying for a lot of salt & light tommorrow in PA and MI and around the whole US!!

S said...

Who could resist those little one's persuasion? Great idea! What's Carolyn's maiden name? She looks really familiar??

Unknown said...

AWESOME endorsers! I'm sure those cutie pies will pull in a few extra votes. We'll be praying for Nate's dad and the other crucial races around the nation.

Heather said...

We have been praying for the outcome of this election for a long time now...i remember the days of voting for Sam! I always felt privileged to have a State Representative that LOVED the Lord!!!

Carrie said...

You would have my vote - they are so cute! I wish I could hold him and give him a squeeze - he looks so sqeezeable! I wouold give you a hug too. I miss you!

Shyla said...

Shannon,
carolyn's Madien name is Mook. She went to BJU.

Carrie,
Hope you are keeping warmer than we are here in PA!! Brrrr! :)

Anonymous said...

shyla, that is so cute.

S said...

Shyla, I know her! We worked Northland Camp together summer of 2000. I never knew she was related to Nathan!

Heather said...

Shyla...
Kevin and i have been looking for the past hour to see if we could find out how the election went for Mr. Rohrer. I wish I could remember some local websites...let us know...still praying

Jenny said...

I guess the t-shirts worked. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your fil's win. Lord knows, we need some republicans in PA. Love your blog. I am a faithful reader. Jackson is just too cute. Can't wait to see him in person.

Love you,
Aunt Bev

christina said...

oh so cute!! that was a great idea!

Kelly Glupker said...

Congratulations on another victory! We were praying for your father-in-law!

Erin Neiner said...

OK, this is so weird!!! First of all, those shirts are TOO adorable! Something that will have to go into the memory box!! And Praise the Lord for the re-election of Nate's dad!!!! The Lord knows we'll need it these days! Secondly, Nate's cousin, Carolyn, was in my prayer group at BJ my freshman year. (I went to BJ in '97-98 then transferred to Northland). HOW WEIRD!! I don't even know if she would remember me, but she is a sweetie! Say hi to her for me!

Tricia said...

Hey, I know Carolyn from camp as well. How funny that she is related to Nate and I didn't even know. Hope she is doing well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails