Monday, March 06, 2006

Please, Please Pray!


I just received word from a friend that a lady I knew when I lived up in Pound,WI was killed in a car accident last night. Her name is Arlene Homotowski. I knew her son Aaron (a.k.a"Homo") from NBBC (that bit of information is for any of you out there who would know him and not his mom) and they went to First Baptist in Pound. No one I talked to knew about funeral details yet b/c the accident was just last night, but we really need to uphold her husband George and their 3 kids in prayer. Arlene was such a neat lady and my heart is sick right now to think this has happened to this family - but we know that all things work for the Glory of God.

Pray for Arlene's little kindergarten kids. She was a kindergarten teacher at Faith in Coleman and this will be a difficult time for the staff and students as well as the close knit community of Coleman-Pound.

She was such a neat lady! Hard worker, and a contagious laugh. I am thankful for the small touches and interactions I was able to have with her.

God is good - all of the time.

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in,
LordStill I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to stay
Blessed be your name

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Hey Shyla, we will be praying. Thanks for the reminder that God is good - when he gives AND when he takes away!

Katie said...

Thanks for putting this up, Shyla. I thought about mentioning it as well. I just feel sick too. Pray also for the church - my grandparents have known her and the Homotowski's for multiple decades and they're taking this very hard. Praise God that she is with Jesus.

Heather said...

We too are praying. I don't know the family, but when I read it in my e-mail yesterday, I was sure that it would be mentioned by someone. Death is so hard, but it is such a blessing for Christians to know that she is in the presence of God!

Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails