Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Isn't God Good?

The winter in PA is starting to break. We haven't really had a winter to speak of - but it has had it's cold days, mostly windy and cold. But with spring "technically" on our heels in the next couple of weeks, God has given us a beautiful day today. It's about 48 degrees, but there's little to no wind and the sun is shining so brightly! It's beautiful out! Makes it hard to be sitting at my desk today! :)

I have a wonderful husband who cares for me in the truest sense of the word - always desiring what's best for me (instead of what may be easy). Of all the failed attempts at relationships that I made on my own, God was gracious in His giving Nathan to me.

We sat on the floor last night and the baby moved in such an intense way for so long that I just sat there and marveled at the wonder that God has placed within me and then I have been able to reflect on Psalm 139...we truly are fearfully and wonderfully made. How can we not burst forth in praise to the Lord?

He is a God who answers prayer! He cares about what concerns us and goes before the Father on our behalf and communicates our needs in a way that we could never fathom. My heart is so full this morning at the answering of a specific prayer of 2 friends who have been through so much and are now rejoicing in His "yes" answer to them. In His timing, in His way - it's best.

Well, that's not all, but I will take a break.
How is the Lord blessing you lately? What mighty work is He doing on your behalf?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethel; Shyla how wonderful to read your blog spot. You are in my thoughts and prayers as is the rest of your family. Do take good care. Love you.

Reads said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have been overwhelmed with how God blesses us with a little one. I have been reminded as of late to remember to pray often for our little one, that God would save her at an early age, and that she would be used of God. As future parents it can at times be overwhelming, but I am thankful that God is in control.

Anonymous said...

Shyla,
your reminder is priceless. I often get so wrapped up in waiting for and sometimes even "planning" God's response that I forget His response is BEST, even if it is not yes. He will always make His answers clear to us when we ask. We just have to be ready for whatever answer He may give to us. I am learning that lesson in a difficult way this week--Such exciting news for some, and devastating news for others. All part of God's plan. Thank you for your sweet spirit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails