Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pics from Valentine's Day!

Ok, Here are the pics from our vday dinner at home. I made Herbed Shrimp Linguine (which doesn't look like it was good in this pic, but Nate said it was great! :) And we had Spinach salad with peaches and bacon (it was REALLY YUMMY - honest! you should try it!!)
The pic at the bottom (actually, there is no pic there - sorry!) is of Nate holding N/A Wine - he was demonstrating to me how is should be served since we were dining so finely! :) Actually, it was a bit of an episode to get the bottle open b/c it wasn't a twist cap...it was a cork, like the real deal...so we were trying to come up with ways to get the cork out but finally it ended in Nate running to the store to buy a bottle opener! I'm sure that will ne getting a lot of use! NOT! Anyway, it made for a fun adventure!
Then Nate opened his presents from me, we watched a movie and went to bed.
And finally is my beautiful ring that my Nate gave to me. Nice boy!





8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful ring and dinner Shyla! You went all out! Any special recipe for the peach bacon salad?

Shyla said...

Alicia,
It is soooo easy!!

- Spinach
- Leaf lettuce
- Canned Sliced Peaches - cut into chunks
- Bacon (just to crumble into the salad) (i guess you could use bacon bits...never tried it. I wouldn't recommend using spam!LOL)
yikes! I just went blank on the dressing! This baby is sucking out my brain cells!! I will finish this post tomorrow when i grab the recipe tomorrow! :)

Tricia said...

Wow Shyla,
You certainly put on the spread. No dinner at my house has ever looked that fancy. I'm kind of a casual girl...but I just might have to step it up a notch! =)Nice job!
Tricia

Unknown said...

Shyla,

That salad sounds terrific! My hubby and i are huge salad fans - especially with spinach as the lettuce. Is the dressing a homemade vinagrette of some sort? I have a GREAT chicken and mandarin orange salad recipe. I'll have to post it for you some time if you're interested.

Alicia

Unknown said...

Shyla,

Let me add that your brain will never be the same after you have your baby. Something about all those extra hormones I guess! I have to make lists because my old mind (which was able to multi-task to excess) is long gone!

Alicia

Karen said...

very impressive, Martha! And thumbs up to Nate for your ring!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Bulls hot tub accessories home hhqc domains hhqc Land rover discovery blueprints

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Pioneer headsets first internet service providers breast enhancement pill effective Www+hostave+net+videox+09+butalbital La crosse breast enlargement Scorpio diamonds pty ltd

Related Posts with Thumbnails