Thursday, December 01, 2005

update...

Well, We had a WONDERFUL thanksgiving!
It started off with my husband presenting me with a beautiful watch for my birthday (Yes, Thanksgiving was the same day this year as my birthday).
I made my first Turkey for our family dinner (a 20lber!!) It was DELICIOUS (if i do say so myself!) I was really thankful (how appropriate!) that it turned out so well...and so did the stuffing- mom's not so secret recipe! YUMMY!!
After dinner, Nate's family was so kind and showered me with some birthday presents before dessert! It was truly a lovely day!
My sister Jenny called me, and my mom, Lynnie and Grandparents came to see me the week before!
I got into work on Monday morning and had several ecards from friends which extended the festivities for me! Thank you all for your cards in the mail as well! What a fun birthday!
I realized that this was my last birthday as a childless woman! YIKES!

I got some great news today! My brother Joel is engaged!! Yup ladies, he's off the market! All grown up and in like with a girl! Her name is Lena. I am excited for them! I am starting to feel old however - can you imagine how my MOM feels! :)

He was in the middle of making a photo album for her that he would give to her when he was going to ask her to marry him and she walked into his room right in the middle of his creation (ring box sitting there and everything, poor guy!!) SO, he threw his hands up in the air and said "well, do you wanna marry me or not!" (or something like that!) Anyway, I haven't been able to stop laughing! His attempt to be romantic was squelched by the object of his romance!! IT's really too bad it happened like that...but, she cried and said yes - so it couldn't have been too bad!

Here are a few pics of Joel and Lena.... The one where he has a "funny" sad face is right after she walked into his room! Good times!
Well, enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails