Friday, April 23, 2010

This is gonna be a long one.

So, there has been a reason that I have not blogged in 13 days. I have read other blogs faithfully during that time. I have had lots to talk about myself these past few days. But, i have been in a funk. Yup. The good 'ol-stinky-feeling.sorry.for.myself- woe.is.me-if.i.don't.go.on.a.vaca.soon- does.anyone.know.my.real.name.is.not.mom- Funk.

Nothing better than starting off a time away with a 'Keepin' it real' post.


April is the busiest month of my life so far this year. Every month is busy, which I normally welcome. I enjoy being involved in church, in activities, in things with my kids. Being busy generally keeps me on task and gives me greater motivation for staying on top of things.

April is busy b/c I have made it this way. I will spare you most of the details, but the two biggest things for me this month has been:

We have our Women's Conference at the end of the month. I am in charge of the craft (which I love doing) with some girlfriends - and all that is involved with making it the most efficient and enjoyable time possible for the ladies that attend. I am also making flower pins for the hostesses to wear which has been labor intensive - but so fun!

There is a HUGE consignment sale here this next week (same as WC Week). I have been gathering clothes, toys, shoes, etc...etc... to sell. Then, there is tagging, and hanging and pressing and string clipping....my house is being taken over by consignment items that it's become a bot overwhelming. I keep telling myself that it will be over soon - but who likes to live surrounded by clutter in a little house? I submit: Not I.

This week has been sort of the hair that broke the camel's back.

All 3 kids have had a fever on varying days this week, lasting the entire week. (read: generally pleasant with bouts of real crankiness, whining, fighting, and neediness.) The neediness makes it VEEERRRRRRY difficult to get things done. I can get stuff done with one ball and chain attached to my ankle, but it is nearly impossible with 3! :)

Today, I swallowed my pride and called a friend for help. She came, rescued me and my kids and has them for the afternoon so that I can crawl out from the week. The Lord blessed me yet again and I am so thankful for her willingness to be an encouragement to me today.

I am not really resolving this post. I don't have time. You'll have to take my point form thoughts and know the God is working on me and teaching me important lessons, encouraging and strengthening my heart. Sorry for the sporadic post. I'll get better in May :)

i have a lot more to talk about - but I wanted to leave you with this version of Prov. 31 - i'll expand on how it ministered/challenged me later.

A Wife of Noble Character
10 b]">[b]Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
She is more precious than rubies.
11 Her husband can trust her,
and she will greatly enrich his life.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She finds wool and flax
and busily spins it.
14 She is like a merchant’s ship,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.

16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it;
with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She is energetic and strong,
a hard worker.
18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
her lamp burns late into the night.

19 Her hands are busy spinning thread,
her fingers twisting fiber.
20 She extends a helping hand to the poor
and opens her arms to the needy.
21 She has no fear of winter for her household,
for everyone has warmc]">[c] clothes.

22 She makes her own bedspreads.
She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.
23 Her husband is well known at the city gates,
where he sits with the other civic leaders.
24 She makes belted linen garments
and sashes to sell to the merchants.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.
26 When she speaks, her words are wise,
and she gives instructions with kindness.
27 She carefully watches everything in her household
and suffers nothing from laziness.

28 Her children stand and bless her.
Her husband praises her:
29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
but you surpass them all!”

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
31 Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

new living translation

4 comments:

kellyH said...

I am glad I am not the only mom who has these weeks. :) And I know I have it easy with only one! praying that God will minister to your spirit and that the FUNK is soon gone!!! :) :)

(Ri)Charmed said...

I think the Spring tends to be busy for everyone, one last push before the summer!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Aw, Shyla...I soooo hear you on your funk! I've got a real funky gunk going on myself and it stinks to high heaven! lol Been crabby...been blue...been fightin' the green eyed monster somethin' fierce and definitely whoa is me'n it. And what is UP with that random fever thing?! 2 of my 3 have also had it the last few days and the neediness, whiny, crankiness etc...yeah, that was us here too. Just wanting to say that I can relate and sympathize with ya, girl. You aren't alone! Hope that May is a better month for you! You're such a sweet person and I've enjoyed getting to know you through your writing. OH and by the way, your in-laws were at my church the other week and I introduced myself to them and told them that I knew you through a friend and followed your blog etc. I'm sorry that I called you Shyla (pronounced Sheila)...I had never actually heard it said out loud before and thought that was how you said it...they corrected me though! ;) Nice in-laws you have...very personable. :)

Mary Ann said...

Shyla, I hear you on the funk thing, too. I don't have any kiddos to deal with, but I do have lots of male co-workers & I think maybe they equate to irritable kiddos *grin* Anyway, I hope this week is coming at you a little more slowly, that you can be productive without getting totally drained, & that you have all the help you need. Thanks for posting Proverbs 31. I barely made it through without getting weepy, but it was good for me to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails