Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cupcake Shirt Tutorial

So, I have been thinking for a couple of days (read: since Olivia was born) about what I wanted to do for Liv's 1st birthday. After finally settling on a cupcake "theme" (i am not much into the princess mentality) it was time to start planning.

I made Jackson and Owen a shirt to wear on their first birthday.

So, I wanted to carry on that tradition with Liv. However, I kept seeing these ADORABLE Shirts (don't get me started on the pettiskirt! They are so ridiculously pricey and I am so mad at myself that I don't have time to make one (especially after reading a tutorial over and over for an hour and a half!!).
I. WANT. ONE! (realizing it's not all about ME, i am getting over it!) Whoa! Sorry about that!

Anyway, I decided that as much as we cherish little Liv, she was NOT getting a $50 shirt that would inevitably be stained by icing and worn once. BESIDES! I don't even have a $50 shirt!! So, tonight i whipped up one of my own! And trust me! It was NOT $50!

Here's a lame tutorial for you - lame b/c i started writing this with energy and now i am tired. :) And b/c i forgot to change the size of my pics to make them larger. Sorry.











I can't wait to show you pics of her in it in a couple of weeks!

13 comments:

Jenny said...

I think your version is way cuter.

Shyla said...

aren't you sweet! :)

Jocelyn said...

Totally agree! I like your version WAY better. It doesn't overwhelm the shirt and is cuter. You are so cool!

Jules said...

So cute I can't even handle it!!! How much do you love those crazy cheap Garanimals shirts? The. Best.
Want to know a super sneaky secret?
Shhhh....
You can get the pettis (just as good quality as the $100) from Hong Kong on Ebay. For about $20 including shipping in less than 2 weeks. Not kidding. You will freak out at the cuteness when you see them and then faint from the price. I may or may not have half a dozen in this house.

Sara Rivera said...

I agree with Jenny and Jocelyn. I really didn't like the inspiration shirt but your's is way cute! I think the first shirt had too much fluff for my liking but your's is perfect! :)

Shyla said...

JULIE!!! I am freaking out right now!! depending on what they charge for rush orders - I. AM. IN. LOVE!!!
Thank you so much! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Carrie said...

Super adorable, and I agree that I like yours even better than the original!! You are so creative!

ruth said...

This is absolutely adorable! I think you did a great job. Can't wait to see pictures of her in it. :)

christina said...

fabulous.... now, why didn't you have liv before my meg was born? i could have stolen so many more ideas! :)

Stacie H said...

SOOOO awesome! I love it! If I had a little girl I would be calling you to make me one :) I think you should start selling these in your Etsy shop too! Have fun with your girlie girl!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Completely in LoVe with that shirt! And I absolutely agree with the rest of the girls here...you version is WAY WAY cuter... Great job Shyla!!!

kELLY said...

SO cute. i LOVE it! sell some on etsy

mommy2 said...

Totally love it... You should make a video too.. I would love to make it for my little one.. I actually need to make one before her birthday because her theme is cupcakes..

Related Posts with Thumbnails