Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jehovah Jireh!

I just wanted to share a little blessing with any of you who are still out there...

I haven't blogged very much in the last year or so for several reasons. But the main reason was because whenever I would think about something to blog about, it would be during the day (when I didn't have a computer) and by the time Nate got home with his laptop I couldn't remember for the life of me what I wanted to blog about. More accurately, I would get caught up in Facebook and then be too tired to write.

So, onto the blessing...

A friend of ours gave me a computer. Yup. Just out of the blue. They knew that we didn't have one at home and they got a new one, so they gave their old one to us. It has a great big flat screen monitor and I am so excited to be able to google at will (is google a verb now??) about a myriad of things that may pop into my head during the day. I am hoping that now I will be able to sit down and write again a few times a week again!

I have found that with my new toy I have had to set up some "rules" for myself so I don't waste time and get sucked into the black hole of cyberspace.

1. Have I read my bible
2.Have I completed a major task
3. Have I spent quality time with Jackson and Owen.

Do any of you have parameters like this set up for yourselves? What are they?

3 comments:

Hairgrove Hangout said...

PTL We are so happy for you! My rules have changed so much that I can't remember the latest one, so if I blog or FB too much, I'll feel badly and ask forgiveness. Hey, all my little ones are grandchildren now!!
Love you all!

kellyH said...

I love the pic at the top of your page! what a blessing about your free computer! I have just recently been thinking about setting a few "rules" about computer time. right now, with only one, and him taking 2 long naps it is too easy to waste the time away.

Jenny said...

just wanted to tell you that your kids are ADORABLE and I love the photo on the top of the blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails