1. Where/How did you meet? Nathan and I met at College in '98 - but we didn't hang out at all. We had different friends, but similar acquaintances. In '03 we would each lunch together occasionally with other people...but it wasn't until that summer that we actually started hanging out while I was the Head Counselor at High Point Camp.
2. How long have you known each other? 10 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating? We started hanging out in July '03 and began dating Oct.1st 2003
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 3 months.
5. How long was your engagement? (technically - it was 2 months...we had to get married at a JP in March b/c of immigration, but lived "unmarried" until our wedding day in June.)
6. How long have you been married? 4 years.
7. What is your anniversary? Technically - March 26th, 2004 - Celebrated - June 18th, 2004
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? There were over 400 people at our wedding - it was an open reception - so I am guessing around that many, or maybe less.
9. What kind of cake did you serve? We actually had a fake cake! It was just a decoration at my reception b/c Nathan is allergic to sugar. So the cake that we actually cut and fed each other was a little carrot cake that nate's mom made for him.
10. Where was your wedding? At High Point Baptist Chapel
11. What did you serve for your meal? We had Hot Hors D'oeuvres, vegetable and fruit trays, swans made out of cantaloupe and hollowed out to serve the dip. cheese, crackers, chicken fingers... we had a kids table with heart shaped pb&J sandwiches, pretzels, mms, goldfish etc...a punch fountain and a coffee and tea bar.
12. How many people were in your wedding party? 8 Bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, 3 flower girls, 3 ring bearers, 4 ushers - 26 total
13. Are you still friends with them all? most of them...atleast touch base a few times a year. We all live so far away from each other - so there's no one in the area that we are ab;e to hang out with.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No - i don't think so anyway.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Having my grandpa walk me down the aisle.
16. Any funny moments?
Also, at our rehearsal, when we were practising the unity candle, Pastor Paul was giving instructions and (we had our backs to the audience) and nathan was grabbing my butt in front of my pastor, my MOM, his family - everyone!!! He just kept grabbing and grabbing me. We were mic'd and i didn't want to say outloud "stop grabbing my hindparts..." and then (i think) my mom or someone yelled "one more night nathan - relax son!" I was pretty embarrassed - but it was VERY funny!!
17. Any big disasters? Nope! The BEST DAY EVER!!
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Pink Shell Resort in Fort Myers Florida
19. How long were you gone? a week
20.iF YOU COULD GET MARRIED AGAIN - IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE? A/C in the reception room, Monogrammed runner, pedicure and french manicure that day and sparklers! :) It was the best day! A dream!
21. Greatest strength as a couple? resolving conflicts quickly and talking things out.
Knowing what the other person is thinking...
22. Greatest challenge as a couple? making time to go out on dates together.
24. Describe your wedding dress: It was white, had a lot of pearl beading on the top - you know what's funny, i think i'm gonna run upstairs and look b/c i don't really remember it! :) I had a long train though and my veil was my favorite part!! It was cathedral length and had a thick band of white satin outlining the bottom of it.
25. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? We had tons of different kinds...bells of ireland, roses (fuschia, white, pink) green pom pom daisies, alstremyria, hypernicum berries, hydrangeas - lots! :)
26. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope
27. How old were you when you got married? I was 25 and nate was 26
This was a fun little survey to take! Why don't you take it and let us know about your special day! It was fun to think over the details from 4 years ago! you can click here for a few pictures i posted 4 yrs. ago
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Posted by Shyla at 1:21 PM