Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another yummy supper!

We have had Beautiful weather here lately in the 40's and 50's (even a sneaky 60 last week). But, last night, I just felt like soup for supper. I don't make soup a lot - mostly b/c it doesn't fill up my nate for very long. :) Anyway, i found this recipe for a Chicken Tortellini Soup - it was crazy easy and fast! Even better the second day!

Chicken Tortellini Soup

2 boxes of chicken broth (7cups)
1 can (14oz) sliced stewed tomatoes
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach - thawed
1/2 c. grated parm. cheese
1/2 tsp. salt.
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pkg. (9oz) cheese tortellini
2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (i used a rotisserie chicken for an even faster supper and cut it up - but this would be a great left over recipe.)

Dump all ingredients except for chicken and tortellini into a pot - bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med. Add the chicken and tortellini and cook until tortellini is cooked (about 10 min.) Sprinkle with Parm . Cheese!

Enjoy! I know some of you are still in the midst of winter! This is a yummy filling soup!

4 comments:

christina said...

this sounds SO good! i'm struggling for new recipes lately. this week it took me 45 minutes to think up my two week menu!! i'm in the dog days for sure.... but i am wondering: did you use the refrigerated tortellini or the "pasta aisle" kind that's hard instead of soft? does that make sense?

Shyla said...

The recipe called for the refrigerated kind - but nate couldn't find it so he brought home the "hard" kind. It worked out great. hope you like it - it was soooo easy and i think it tasted better the second day too! let me know what you think! :)

Jenny said...

I think I'm making this tonight!! We have some frozen tortellini that I need to use up soon. Yum!

Jenny said...

It was yummy, even though through a series of unfortunate mishaps and a ca-ranky child, I missed out on buying spinach. I was very bummed, but the soup was still delicious!! Thanks for sharing it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails