Tuesday, January 22, 2008

blogging smorgasbord

This is Jackson and his best bud Carter (Car-Car) having some pizza together.
They are too cute!



So, as promised (4 months ago!) here are the pics of the craft that we will be doing with the ladies at HP's annual Ladies' Seminar. I made the black and white ones for my bedroom. The other fabrics are from my house, but i'm not necessarily gonna use them in my house.



Bathroom

Livingroom

So, there are the pics. What do you think?

Tonight i made some yummy Ham Chowder for supper. I have had my eye on this recipe for a while and tonight i finally got to make it! It was really good - and cheap!!

Saute 10 pieces of bacon (i used 5) on med. heat until crisp.
Meanwhile, chop up a cup of carrots (i did more for veggie factor) and a large onion.
When bacon is crisp, remove from pan and leave drippings in the pot.
Cook onion and carrot in drippings until tender.
Chop up 3 potatoes ( i chopped them up small so it would cook faster)
Add 3 Tbsp of flour ( i used WW) until blended well and then add in 3 C. Milk and 1.5C Water (i used 1 c. chicken stock).
Bring to a boil and then stir for 2 min. or until thickened.
Put in Potatoes, can of corn (i used frozen fresh), pepper and fully cooked cubed ham (about 2 cups).
Simmer until potatoes are tender. Add in 3 cups of shredded cheese ( i used 2) and bacon and stir.
Simmer until cheese is melted. ENJOY!

Owen is 5 months old!!! He is such a joy and a smiley little guy! i am pretty sure that he is going to be a fellow fro in the house which i am quite excited about! his hair is going from smooth to coarse. So, stay tuned! I may just have to start a fro friday picture section on here!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Mmm... I love chowder. Sounds especially good lately, as it's been -300 degrees here.

Love your plates.

S said...

Those crafts are adorable. You can come do our ladies' seminar too. :) Those plates would be perfect in our living room decor. How did you do them and where did you get the materials?

Carrie said...

I love the crafts - what a good idea, someone gave me once didn't look hard but very pretty. The boys are really cute too, we would love to see a friday section!

Hairgrove Hangout said...

The Chowder recipe sounds good, I want to make it soon. Thanks. Hope we do have a friday fro.... looking forward to that trip! Love you all.

undergroundcrowds said...

the craft looks great!

I'm getting so much food right now from friends, the idea of making something makes me shudder (I have no room!). I'll def. file it away.

Anonymous said...

Shy,
I have that exact recipe and made it last week. Yummy! It is a lot healthier than woopie pies!

Courtney

Related Posts with Thumbnails