Monday, September 03, 2007

What a blessing!

So, i don't want any of you new moms out there to be jealous in any way...and i do hope that some of you will be able to experience this joy as well someday.

I have a 2 week old who has slept through the night since he was 4 days old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must admit I sought the Lord's face many times and asked Him for a new kind of baby this time.
Jackson didn't take a nap until he was 3 months old. NO LIE! He is a VERY busy boy - since day one. He would wake up at 5 am and be up until midnight. That's just the way it was. He didn't take a pacifier until he was 4 months old...therefore, in the beginning, I was his pacifier every 1.5-2 hrs all day long (if you know what i mean...)

It's so different this time with Owen. He sleeps ALL day long. He'll wake up if you change his diaper, or if he's hungry or needs his diaper changed, but other than that, he either sleeps, or will lay on the floor and look around. IT'S UNBELIEVABLE! I could easily forget that I have a baby - he's that good!! He eats every 2-3 hrs - did i mention he SLEEPS ALL NIGHT???

So, anyway, that's just my little blessing that the Lord has given to me this time around.
(hopefully it doesn't end as soon as my mom goes home!!!!)

9 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Bragger!!! Just teasing, I'm happy for you. I have been thinking about you during my middle-of-the-night feedings and wondering how you were taking care of Jackson with so little sleep. Glad to hear things are going well!

Unknown said...

What a huge huge blessing for you! Especially since you'll need all your energy for keeping up with Jackson. How's Jackson liking his baby brother?

Heather said...

Good for you!! You should be very happy about that!! Get your rest and enjoy both of them!

Katie Barker said...

Shyla,
I think it's really cool to hear how your faith has been strengthened. What an awesome God we have to show you that he can even do this thing - for however long it is :)

undergroundcrowds said...

wow, I'm no mommy yet, but I think you have an exceptional case, and he's got great hair!

Abby said...

What a blessing!! Elijah started sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks, so I know it could be worse!! It's so nice getting hours of sleep IN A ROW!! YAY for you :-)

Karen said...

SUPERB, Owen! What an angel-baby.

ashley said...

So, I'll be praying that my baby acts like little Owen!!! Glad you're enjoying him...he's a cutie!

Curt and Sarah said...

Trying hard not to be jealous over here....still trying....sigh.

I am glad for you and Nathan and hope to join your club some day in the not-too-distant future.

Owen really does have great hair! Cute, cute, cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails