Thursday, July 12, 2007

Any ideas? And updates....

Hello all! Well, since i have yet to locate my USB cord, i fugure i will still fill everyone in on what we have been up to!

We had a GREAT 4th of July holiday weekend. The actual day seemd like a bust - it seems as though we have had rain for the last 3 years...but the weekend before was really relaxing. We attended Fireworks in Lancaster and they were great (as every year!) Jackson LOVED the fireworks! I wasn't really sure what to expect with him since they were past his bedtime and didn't know if he would be scared or not. He just pointed and "oooooed" throughout the show! It was really fun for nathan and i to be able to share that memory with jackson!

Hmmm....what next....


OH! I have 5 more weeks left until bambino #2 arrives. Everything has been going great! Weight gain is at a whopping 9lbs to date - hopefully jackson is as great of a personal trainer AFTER the baby comes!!

I'm feeling like it's a boy - but who knows! I think that we are going to go with Owen Nathaniel (a shout out to puritan preacher john owen and nathaniel for Nathan without being "nathan") and if it's a girl we are still sticking with Oliviah Madison (my name choice for a girl since the beginning of time) I told nate it would be perfect if we were having twins since for some reason we've come up with 2 "O" names! :)

Speaking of names... did any of you go through the anxiety (not really the word i want..) of finding several names that you liked and then wanting to make sure that you use them on the first baby just in case you don't have another boy/girl??? Well, that's SORT of what happened with Jackson's name. His middle name is Chase which is a shout out to my Grandpa - but I would LOVE Chase as a first name if we had another boy. But, we couldn't "risk" it, just incase jackson was our only boy! :) I know! I am a moron!! So along those lines, we also like the name Kaelynne for a girl (Kaye is my middle name, lynne is my sister's middle name) but i can't come up with a middle name that goes with it that isn't Grace etc... I am a Michigan fan and back in the day they had a player named Jalen Rose - so of course, i can't get the sound of Kaelynne Rose out of my head...but i don't like Rose - AT ALL!! Sorry for all the rambling. Jackson's sleeping and i must be craving mindless conversation!!

OH! Onto the "Any Ideas?" section of this post....

How do you use Freecycle? I have a login for my area, but it seems like maybe my area doesn't have a lot to offer, or when i find something it is in a different area. I love craigslist, but i am having little to no luck finding a crib. So, any ideas? Any other sites that you all go to to find deals?

OK, I am going to go wash my car now!

9 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Suggestion - I know of a family who used their oldest daughter's middle name as their second daughter's first name. Hey, why not? You hardly ever hear or use the middle name anyway. So if you like Chase, use it.
About the crib - I had looked at craigslist too and didn't really find anything. I ended up buying one at a yard sale. My sister's kids are as close in age as yours will be. The first time around she just put the little one in a cradle or bassinett for a couple months and then moved the older one to a twin bed so the crib was free. The second time around she just booted the younger one out of the crib when the third one was born. I know a lot of people think your kids need to be in a crib until they are two, but if he's a good sleeper he may be ready to move out of the crib without any trouble. Then you won't have to worry about having two cribs.

Shyla said...

thanks kelli! I have a pack n play with bassinett that i will use for awhile with the new baby. Hopefully jackson will get to a point where he will be out of the crib soon. I am not stressing about the crib, but if i stumbled on a killer deal, i would pick one up!
I actually just found on craigslist a whole nursery full of matching furniture (crib, dresser/changetable,toy chest and glider in white for $200!!!! All wood! I wish i had need for that!!
Everything in Jackson's room was free - correction, we paid $5 for his change table at a yard sale and painted it white! The crib was free and so was his dresser! God is good!! Hope you get everything you need! I say, be willing to paint everything! That's what we did.

Tracy said...

I love the name Rose for a middle name. Lydia Ruth was going to be Adrianna Rose, but then we changed it last minute. Andy was going to be Victoria Rose if he was a girl. I'll be excited to find out what your having. BTW Congratulations on the 9 pound weight gain. After you have the baby you won't have anything left to lose.

undergroundcrowds said...

I like those names!

Shyla said...

sadly tracy i WILL have weight to lose - like the 11lbs i still had to go from jackson and the 20 lbs i wanted to lose b/4 i got pregnant with him! LOL

Unknown said...

I'm a huge freecycle fan but the selection of stuff offered totally depends on your area. What major city are you near? You might want to join a freecycle group that's nearer to a big city, that way there'll be more variety in what's offered.

Another place to check for cribs is a resale kids' clothing store. We have a chain here called "Once Upon a Child" and they carry beds, cribs, toys, you name it. Yard sales are great too but it seems difficult to find something specific when you need it. Ditto Kelly's comment, I have a friend who moved her twins to twin beds at about 16 mos. She had quite a time training them to stay in bed as they were so young but it worked!

Good luck with the names! We have a horrible time deciding on names but I'm all for names that mean something. I'm leaning towards Arabella because it means answered prayer.

pamela s said...

Hey, I checked out philly's craigslist & there's so much more there than Lancaster area. There's a Bassett crib listed for $45 now for 7/13/07 listings. So, maybe you can find one that it's in a western suburb so it's not too far away.
Or you could just get a thicker mattress for the pack n play, so when the baby outgrows the bassinett part, s/he could sleep in that until Jackson is in a big boy bed. A porta crib would buy a little time too, and free up the pack n play if you need it for something else.
Lansdale's free cycle is so crazy busy that I had to unsubscribe. 75-100 e-mails a day!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were looking for a crib---I do have one in my basement. It is a light wood; not as dark as Jackson's but it would do in a pinch. Let me know!

Courtney

AnneB said...

Shyla...I am sitting her laughing b/c Mark and I had the exact name conversation you just posted about! Titus Kip was named after one of our favorite books of the Bible and Kip was after Mark's dad. I wished we would have saved Kip for a fist name...but now we are trying to decide on a boy name. I still have my favorite girl name...and Mark an dI did settle on Owen last week for a boy (in honor of the puritan preacher John Owen)...but I now know 3 new babies named Owen and am thinking I might want to reconsider. All this to say I feel your pain and am hoping that this baby is a girl! Can't wait to hear what you have:):)

Related Posts with Thumbnails