Friday, September 01, 2006

give momma a kiss...or not!


Starbucks mom??? Are you sure?!



What? Dad says this will help my teeth come in!
It feels good...but tastes like the lawn mower!


just me and my dad!


Mom, no one can really see how cute
my new outfit is when I am in this seat!!


Wheel oooooof Fortune!!
I pay attention better with my legs in the air!
Momma, Miss Erin loves me to bits!



seriously mom! if you let dad do this to me and
make me sing "kungfu fighting" again...i'm gonna puke....literally!



mom, like everyone isn't going to know that
you're standing above me with the camera!


This week I have learned that the only thing worse than being sick and a mommy is being sick and not being able to kiss your little one!!
I didn't really realize how much I kissed Jackson all day long until I had to make conscious efforts not to kiss him! How sad! And it seemed everytime he would doze off for a nap...I would cough and startle the poor little guy awake! What a week. I am so grateful to the Lord that I wasn't more sick than I was!!
I went out for lunch today with my girlfriend Erin and her son Ty who is 3. Erin and her husband Joey moved up here from Georgia 3 yrs ago and Nathan and I enjoy spending time with them as a couple. Well, today at lunch Ty was cracking me up! He calls his mom "Baby". It's hilarious! So we are sitting there eating lunch and Ty comes in from the play area and with his little southern accent says "hey, where'd my chicken go, baby!?" He means it in the most respectful way! He calls her "momma" though when he's in trouble..."i love you momma!" Smart kid! Also, he started PreK this week and his teacher's name is Mrs. Mohl (mole) and Ty calls her "hey Mole!" Little kids are cute!
I am really enjoying Jackson right now, but I look forward to blogs in a few years that tell tales of a funny little boy of my own...hopefully not too many embarassing ones! ")

8 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Shyla,
I love his big eyes, and I am so glad to see you back in the blogging world. It's been soo long. It's crazy how close you can get to people over blogs. I missed you. Thanks for all the adorable pics.

Taryn and Danielle said...

The pictures are so cute Shyla!! I can't believe how much he's grown since I last saw him, but then again, that's been awhile!! Have fun with your precious little boy!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, Shyla. Keep 'em coming!

I know, I am longing for the day when Chloe can communicate with more than just syllables. I've heard that the 3-4 age is full of humorous anecdotes. We'll be there before we know it!

Abby said...

What adorable pictures! He's going to be grown up before you know it!! Glad to hear the updates and see the pictures - keep them coming!

Jenny (Parker) Pittsley said...

Aren't they funny sticking their legs in the air? Josiah does it in his sleep! He picks up both legs and bangs them down again several times in a row. I don't know why they do it, but I guess they like it. Anyway, fun pictures, Shyla! He's quite a cutie!

Kelli said...

Great Pictures, Shyla! You have quite a cutie! He looks like a very happy baby. Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shyla, these pics are adorable! His facial expressions are priceless! Hope you feel better soon.

the johnson crew said...

shyla, it has been a while since i checked your blog. jackson is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails