Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hello All!
Life sure has gotten busy! I have been entertaining in my house since last Wednesday! A friend from college was interviewing here for my job (so i can quit!!) and my sister is here for Spring Break! Soooo fun! I am glad that she has been able to come out and see our home and her sister pregnant for the first time!
Time sure is flying! We are still in pursuit of furniture for the nursery. Someone gave us a crib, but we still need a change table, dresser, rocker...
We went to this BEAUTIFUL store an hour from us with the dreamiest nursery furniture I have ever seen. Myy dilema is that I am having a hard time deciding on furniture that will work for both sexes.
I would love to have white vintaged antiques furniture for my baby girl's room with light muted floral patterns. But for a boy, I would like oak colored wood with more vibrant colors like Nautica red, blue and khaki. So, maybe I should drop the lofty vintage feel and go with the oak colored wood?.
So, we found boy bedding last night - exciting, b/c that's been the hardest for me is finding boy bedding. It's so great! Although, I am not taking it out of the package yet, b/c if we have a girl, I need to return it! It's the Nautica brand colors I mentioned above and the comforter has patches of cable knit sweater material, corduroy material and a neat plaid. It's really cute!!

So ,those are my ramblings today. I need to find a girl bedding set and then begins all the other shopping to be done to prepare for baby!
I have been making a list of all of the necessities (not wants....needs) that we should have for the baby to come...YIKES!! Maybe they will let me bring a crib to work so I can still bring in the dough! :)

Anyway, I am LOVING feeling the baby move so much and the Lord has allowed me to get some rest between the hours of 3:30am and 6:30am - so that's a blessing!!

So, any must have's that you all think were a good thing to have for the baby??

4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

shyla, is there a picture on the internet of your cute boy bedding. I would love to look at it.

Carrie said...

That boy bedding sounds adorable!!

As for must-haves . . . well, you will probably get a lot of this kind of thing for showers, but I found it helpful to have a bunch of the long baby nighties that were open at the bottom (for easy nighttime changes), lots of sleep-and-plays for daytime, and bunches of onesies (and the kind with the hole cut-out for the umbilical cord are nice for at first, too). As for equipment, a portable swing is nice (I recommend Fisher Price--had a Graco one but it didn't work well), a "bouncy seat" is also handy for a little later, and I also liked having one of those big sponge thingys for bathing the baby on before he was big enough to put in the baby tub. Oh, and I definitely recommend getting some kind of baby carrier (Snugli, etc.) or some moms swear by a sling. I used my Snugli a ton! Also, if you're planning to breastfeed, I highly recommend a Boppy pillow--I LOVED mine and used it so much in the first months.

I'm about a week behind you and also am enjoying all the bumps, jumps, kicks, etc. that I am feeling now. My kid seems to be quite the acrobat. :) Glad to hear you are doing well and it sounds like you are getting things ready in plenty of time! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery when you get it done!! :)

Kimberly said...

something you will need.....ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT of diapers! It is amazing how much they poop...since all they have in breast milk...seriously, I could understand if they ate all the processed food that we eat.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Common grounds coffee house in lodo oral surgery Illinois eola laser tatoo removal Pilates photo Hypnotherapists hypnosistherapy stop smoking hypnosis xxx cartoon hardcore Nexium studies Canadas hottest car seat covers ultracet patient information Pay per click advertises sydney ent facial day surgery centre A gangbang with a stranger Club from golf warehouse

Related Posts with Thumbnails