Friday, March 24, 2006

Craft Time with the Rohrer's


So, yesterday I set out to buy a decorative trash can for our bedroom - you know, for all of the miscellaneous things that accumulate in pockets etc.. at the end of the day.

Well, I went to Target to buy my beautiful trash can :) and any kind that was remotely anything that I would want in my room was $20-25! For a teeny trash can! Sheesh!

So, my sister Jenny and I headed to the office supplies and I found a plain Jane mesh trash can (you know the kind) - I paid $9.99 for it and it came with 4 organizational thingy's (clearly for lack of a better word). Then, I brought it home and covered it in fabric that I had that matches our bedroom perfectly!

I would like to give a shout out to my husband Nathan Samuel Rohrer who was the genius behind figuring out how to taper the fabric on the sides! :) Be jealous girls! LOL

So, now, Nathan has the practicality of a trash can, and I have the style that matches our bedroom!

...and they lived happily ever after! :)

11 comments:

pamela s said...

It's the most beautiful trash can I've seen. You've inpired me! Maybe I can update our cheap $1 white plastic trash cans I have around the house. Wonder if contact paper would work? or maybe fabric scraps dipped in liquid starch would stick to it? I'll have to think about it.
Pam

Tyararr J. Jones said...

Hey Shyla, I am going to have to take you to court for stealing the patent on my artistic trash can decor. If you wanted it all you had to do is ask.

Heather said...

Very well done!! (you to nate) I hope you are having a wonderful time with your sister!

Anonymous said...

you and nate crack me up. miss you!

Karen said...

sick, girl, just sick.

Abby said...

Quite ingenious! It would match the toile decor in my dining room! Hmm - I'll have to steal your idea! Thanks! :-)

S said...

Have to say that's a pretty cute idea. Enjoy updating your house now. In a few months, you'll have less time. :)

Unknown said...

Beautfiul trash can! You certainly have a decorator's eye. I echo Shannon, get all your projects done now before little Rohrer arrives!

S said...

But keep motivating us by giving us ideas before you have 'baby Rohrer'. I was just looking around the house the other day thinking about areas that need 'updating'! :)

Courtney Hoffman said...

The ideas just keep coming girl. With those kind of genes, I hope you have a girl that I can hook up with Zachary! :)
Hope you have been doing well. I think of you often while I am doing little chores. (Mainly changing diapers )

Reads said...

Shyla thanks for the cute idea. I'll have to keep that in mind.
I also wanted to say that when we were at Northland the week before spring break I saw your sister. I didn't introduce myself, but when I saw her, I knew she had to be related to you! Sisters are lots of fun, hope you had a good time with her last week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails