Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Big 3-0!


WHO WOULD ASK FOR A CAKE LIKE THIS?? OXYMORON??

So, today I turn 30! I was in bed last night and realized I had forgot to have a birthday party on my blog! My brain is mush these days - not necessarily attributed to my age however! :)

I am looking forward to using my Starbucks gift card to indulge in a Peppermint Mocha Latte, then sliding over to Target to see if I can find anything to use my gift card on there.

How about 30 things I am thankful for. That seems appropriate!

1. My relationship with God. Without Him, I am nothing. With Him, I can do the other 29 things on this list!!

2. Nathan. I am so thankful to God for not giving to me what I thought I wanted! I am thankful to have a strong husband who challenges me and makes me want to be a better person!

3. Jackson Chase. What a wonderfully cheerful little boy! I am grateful that the Lord blessed me with a firstborn son who is a learner, a helper and a playful little guy!

4. Owen Samuel. My little cuddler. I have a very special place in my heart for this little boy! I am so thankful for his desire to care for others and his goofiness!

5. Olivia Adeline. The Lord blessed me this year with the most cheerful, smiley, pleasant, DELIGHTFUL baby GIRL!! I am so happy to have a real little dolly to play with now!

6. A new washer and dryer!

7. The beautiful weather we have had this fall.

8. My mom. She has lost over 100lbs this past year and she is an inspiration to me! I am so proud of her!

9. My In Laws. They are such an encouragement to me and I am so thankful to have them as family and friends!

10. My mini-van! LOL Man, I am old! I am thankful that I have a reliable vehicle though!

11. The health that the Lord has blessed us with.

12. That I am 30 and have never had a cavity.

13. Chocolate.

14. My home.

15. That I can wear my hair straight or curly.

16. The new Target that was just built 2 miles from my house!!

17. My grandparents! I love them so much and miss them terribly. I am thankful for the love they have given me and for the hard working ethic they have demonstrated to me.

18. Freedom.

19. My church.

20. My friends - Old and New. I miss you and I am thankful for you!

21. Hot water and an indoor toilet. Seriously - aren't you thankful for that?

22. Clothes - even though I complain that I don't have any - I have plenty. I don't have to walk around in a loin cloth....aren't you happy about that too!? :)

23. My family - My sister Jenny, My brothers Joel and Ryan and My sister-in-law Lena and my dad.

24. I am an aunt!! I miss you Avery - and can't wait to meet you baby Rohrer.

25. I am thankful for a beautiful yard.

26. I am thankful for the opportunity to teach my children.

27. Chilly air, warm sweaters and starbucks gift cards.

28. Great finds on SALE!!

29. The ability to read.

30. For one more year the Lord has given me to live!

I am truly blessed!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Shyla!
Hope your day is fun!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the 30 club! Hope you have a lovely day and hope you don't have to cook. That's what I always ask for on my birthday. :)

Unknown said...

Happy 30th! May this new year be filled with laughter and much happiness:)

undergroundcrowds said...

happy birthday!

undergroundcrowds said...

sorry little late

Related Posts with Thumbnails