Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A conversation with Jackson


So, today i was taking a shower and Jackson was sitting in the bathroom waiting for me to get out. I decided to ask him "What do you want to be when you grow up?". This is the conversation that followed...

m-"hey buddy, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
j-"I want to be a good man. And actually, I want to be a good daddy."
m - that's great bud - but what makes a good man?
j- i will be a hard worker, and go to my office with my daddy to work.
m- so you and daddy will be working together?
j - yup.
m- do you think that you will get married?
j- no. only girls get married.
m- well, actually men and women get married to each other, like i married daddy.
j- ya
m- you said you wanted to be a good daddy - how many kids do you think that you will have?
j- 4.
m- wow. should mommy and daddy have another baby?
j- sure mom! how about a girl for olivia. you can name her olivia.
m- well, that's really nice, but we'd need to come up with another name b/c we already have an olivia.
j- actually, let's have a boy instead for me and owen.
m- what will his name be?
j- Luke.

Jackson makes me smile. He is a real thinker for such a little guy. I pray that he does grow up to be a good, godly man and daddy!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails