Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Can it get any hotter???

We have reached Haites-like proportions on the heat index this past week on the eastern seaboard!! Sheesh! Today, the forecast is 96 THEN add to that HIGH humidity (105F) and a HIGH dewpoint (BAD HAIR!!) It was 88 when we went to bed at midnight last night (praise the Lord for central air!!)

How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Thankfully, i am not a pregnant landscaper and can avoid the heat if there is no pool outing scheduled for the day!!

This weekend we have a wedding of a good friend OUTSIDE - the entire wedding! Pray for her sake that it's a beautiful day! (don't worry about me! i already informed them that my attire- if the weather is bad - will more than likely be a fancy tank top and my underwear. LOL They thought that was most appropriate! :) (good thing! that could be potentially akward!)

9 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

you're hilarious.

It's raining all week, but we had beautiful weather this past weekend. Hopefully it will clear up so we can go camping.

Kelly Glupker said...

HOT AND HUMID!!! The temps have been in the high 90's but the "feels like" temperature is 104! The lady I share an office with doesn't keep the air on either - she lost over a hundred pounds and gets cold really easy.

Karen said...

Right with you, Shyla. It is Hades here, too... today, though, it's supposed to be only 86. And thunderstorms. Hallelujah! Where's my sweater?

Karen said...

Who's getting married?

Shyla said...

a girl from my church named Candace that i worked with at HP camp is getting married. Don't worry! You didn't miss out on an invitation LOL!! Cory would be really sad if he realized he didn't! I didn't think it was a good idea to bring it up on the day!

Unknown said...

Hot and muggy here too. Thankfully we have several window-unit air conditioners. This humidity really saps me of energy!

Heather said...

HOT HOT HOT! That is all that it is here too. Last night when Kevin and I went to bed (11:30) I don't think it was below 85...and it was just so THICK out! Through the night we got about 3 hours of sleep. Horrible flooding and thunderstorms. Once the clouds cleared this morning I thought to myself...I never remember feeling this much humidity at once. It hasn't been fun. I can't imagine working in this that is for sure!!!

The Logans said...

13 days! Hang in there! Were you early with Jackson? I have 8 to go and I can hardly wait to meet our little Jack! We'll be checking to see if you have a girl or a boy!

The Logans said...

Well, I left you a message, checked my email, and found you had left me one first. Crazy timing! :) Sorry to hear you were late. Maybe number 2 won't need to bake as long. Doing pretty good, just too excited to meet Jack, that's all. :) Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails