Monday, May 29, 2006

Raise your right hand and repeat after me!!

The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood,
I pledge to follow the Rules
when wearing sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit.
My toes will not hang overand touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs.
And the sidesand tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free.

I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
I will shave the hairs off my big toe.
I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker,mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back intoplace hoping it will stay put.
I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes.
This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others.
No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swelland begin to look like Vienna sausages.
I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 and worth EVERY penny).
I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.

Want to have pretty feet instead of nasty cracked ones??
Check out my website and see the Rosemary Mint Fizzies and pedicure set!!
- You will love them!
www.marykay.com/shylarohrer

8 comments:

Abby said...

You are HILARIOUS!!! I'm going to be getting my very first pedicure next week! I usually just do it myself, but this summer I am too too busy!

By the way, I need some Mary Kay stuff and I don't have a rep anymore - I may have found one :-) Baby money!!!

Love ya!

carissa said...

great tips shyla. Thanks for the foot fashion tips. I am forever changed ;)

Jenny said...

HA!! this is hilarious.

It's true, I need mint fizzies. I personally can identify with toes are looking like vienna sausages. The foot swelling has begun.

I think flip flops will be the only thing my feet will FIT in soon...

Thanks for the laughs!!

Karen said...

Ahh... shoulda seen the MK plug coming! :) I'll remember this--my extremities haven't started swelling yet, but if this 80 & 90-degree weather keep up, I will definitely need your fizzies!

Kelli said...

This made me laugh! It is so true, though! I love having my toe nails painted. I usually do the french tip thing all summer. It seems to last longer and it doesn't look chipped hardly at all! Thanks for the pointers.

Jenny said...

My toenails are way too short for french manicures; I can't really reach them now very easily anyway! I have to admit I love clear polish only or with little tiny silver glitters.

Did MK used to (or do they now) have just plain mint fizzies? I just went to look and there are only the rosemary mint kind. HMMM. I was going to buy myself an early birthday present...

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
canada home insurance black eyed hump pea video watch how can my computer read more memories

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work 18 concerta mg sa Mgm furniture Chrysler concorde 2002 Wheelchairs motorized medical insurance fast upskirt pregnant pussy How to replace infiniti j30 knock sensor rhinoplasty Land rover miami diet pills didrex 3 month supply cheap digital camera 1969 porsche 912 Japanese acne treatments Pay allstate bill acne product wedding invitations Israel backpacks Can you get high off of depakote

Related Posts with Thumbnails